Skip to content Skip to footer

Election Resources

Get prepared to cast your vote

Municipal Elections & Term of Office

All members of council are elected for four-year terms.  Reeves are elected at large by all voters and councillors are elected only by voters qualifying to vote in their division.  Your property tax notice contains information about your voting division.

On Wednesday, November 13, 2024, municipal elections will be held for councillors representing divisions 1, 3 & 5 and the reeve. The nomination day deadline will be at 4 pm on Wednesday, October 9, 2024. The call for nominations will be done before September 24, 2024.

Candidate Eligibility

  • Is at least 18 years old on the day of the election
  • Is not disqualified pursuant to this or any other Act.
  • Is a Canadian citizen at the time that he/she submits the nomination paper
  • Has lived in Saskatchewan for at least six consecutive months immediately preceding the date on which he/she submitted the nomination paper AND:
    – lives in Saskatchewan, AND
    – is eligible to vote in the rural municipality.


To vote in an RM election in Saskatchewan, you must:

  • Be a Canadian citizen;
  • Be at least 18 years of age and one of the following:
    a. have lived in the RM (or land now in the RM) for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election;
    b. be the registered owner of property in the RM (or land now in the RM)
    c. be the assessed person with respect to property situated in the RM (or property now in the RM, refer to Section 207 of The Act);
    d. be the occupant of a trailer or mobile home in the municipality (or land now situated in the municipality) that is object of a permit required (refer to Section 306 of The Act);
    e. be the spouse of an eligible voter mentioned in a, b or c; or
    f. be the chief executive officer of a duly incorporated co-operative, corporation or religious association that is assessed on the last revised assessment roll with respect to property in the RM that is not exempt from taxation.