Skip to content Skip to footer


Development Permits

 Everyone must have a Development Permit before developments take place unless it falls under these categories:

  • Farm Operations
  • Accessory Farm Buildings & Structures
  • Small Accessory Buildings
  • Public Works
  • Municipal Facilities
  • Maintenance
  • Fences
  • Temporary Confinement of Livestock
  • Signs

All residences require a development permit, including farm residences.

Building permits will not be issued until a Development Permit has been issued.

All oil and gas development applications are processed online through WelltraxxRM. Benefits for use of this application include full technical support provided by Welltraxx Ltd. Program upgrades as required through feedback provided by land brokers/energy company users through the user dashboard which summarizes all applications submitted. Live email alerts are provided as applications move through the approval process. RM policies and fees for industrial developments are outlined in the portal. If energy clientele is not setup on WelltraxxRM please see their website at for contact information. Application processing fees will apply for utilizing this service.

Application Fees

Permitted Use$100.00
Discretionary Use$200.00
Development Appeal FeeUp to $300, as specified by the Development Appeals Board

If the permitted development is not commenced within twelve (12) months of the date of issue, the permit ceases to be valid.